background

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

GURNEYS HOUSE OF FOOD

Have you ever had your kids freak out about having to eat leftovers? Well it happens at our house every once in a while so we thought we would change things up a bit.
Yesterday after school I gave Slade a list of things we had to eat and I asked him to make a few menus. He had a lot of fun and he did a great job. The girls had no idea what was going to happen later but I knew they were going to love it.
Just before dinner Slade brought me the menus and we handed them out to the family.  He named our restaurant  GURNEYS HOUSE OF FOOD.  They had so much fun choosing what they would have for their entree, drinks and desert. Dano then explained to them that the restaurant they would be dining at was a fancy one and they needed to go and get dressed up.  You don't need to tell my kids twice when it comes to dressing up they were all over it.
When the kids returned in their fancy clothing and make-up for the girls Dano took pictures so they would feel so glamorous. Dano called them mademoiselle and garcon all night and they giggled every time.
Libby however missed out on our fun evening, she fell asleep as soon as the menus were brought out.
They ate without complaining and that doesn't happen very often.
It was a success.
I HEART MY FAMILY!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea!! I'm gonna have to remember this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I love how you all dressed up as well.

    ReplyDelete